Do you Love Art Nouveau? If so, you will love a new campaign brought to you by the Collections Trust and being launched, appropriately, on Valentine’s Day.
Love Art Nouveau is a crowd sourced campaign to encourage people across the UK to find local Art Nouveau architecture and “digitise” it for Europeana, Europe’s online cultural heritage portal.
From 14 February for a week, people up and down the country will be encouraged to take digital images of Art Nouveau architecture and upload it to a dedicated online Flickr image sharing platform. The images will then be displayed on Europeana to help bring the UK’s Art Nouveau heritage to an international audience.
Participants need to follow six simple steps to start sharing their images:
1. Find local Art Nouveau architecture using Google Maps at http://goo.gl/maps/OeL5Z
2. Go to the building with a digital camera or Smart Phone
3. Take a photo of the building and any Art Nouveau features on its outside
4. Create an e-mail, give the image a name in the subject line, and add location and information about the item in the body of the message.
5. E-mail the image to email@example.com ensuring e-mail footers are removed from the message.
6. Visit www.flickr.com/photos/loveartnouveau to see the image and explore the collection!
More information is available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/loveartnouveau, and on Twitter at #loveartnouveau.